A former fortified castle transformed into a prison and then a museum, this exceptional building tells us about the history of Gannat, its heritage and its history from prehistory to the Second World War. Skeleton of the 23 million year old fossil rhinoceros, God with a Gallo-Roman mallet, 9th century gospel book, there are many pieces that retrace the history of the town of Gannat.
– On school holidays // Escape Game – Cell 42
Escape game for 2 to 4 players. Participants will relive the escape of the resistance fighter Claude Hettier de Boislambert during the Second World War. Puzzle solving to understand this spectacular escape in Gannat prison.
Paid – Accessibility:
- Spring holidays (zone A): Tuesday to Friday at 2.30 p.m. and 4.30 p.m. by reservation on the OT Val de Sioule website
- Summer holidays: from July 11 to August 11 from Tuesday to Friday at 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. by reservation on the OT Val de Sioule website
- All Saints holidays: October 23, 24, 26 and 30, November 2 and 3 at 2:30 p.m.
– On school holidays // Big family game (new!)
Paying – Accessibility:
- Spring holidays (zone A): April 12 and 19 at 4 p.m.
- Summer holidays: July 14, 21 and 28, August 4 and 11 at 4 p.m.
- All Saints holidays: October 23, 26 and 30, November 2 and 3 at 4 p.m.
– During the holidays of All Saints
- Wednesday October 25: day for children, teenagers and adults on the Gannat rhinoceros!
- Friday, October 27 – The Awful Friday
– At the museum for 4-7 year olds Halloween treasure hunt from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. (paying)
– At the media library and at the cinema for 8-12 year olds at 2 p.m. (cinema entrance fee)
- Tuesday, October 31:
– At the museum Halloween treasure hunt at 5 p.m. for teenagers (paying)
– At the cinema screening of a horror film for teens (schedule and film to come)
– Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September // European Heritage Days
- Free visit from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Lecture by François Escuillé – The discovery of the Rhinoceros
Witches and healers
Come and discover the new temporary exhibition “Witches and Healers through Plants” as well as the permanent collections within the museum.from april 08, 2023 to october 01, 2023
- In April, May, June and September, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- During the spring holidays in zone A, from Wednesday to Sunday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- In July and August, every day except Monday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- From October 23 to November 3, workshops and events for the general public by reservation only.
1 esplanade Pierre Roch Jurien de La Gravière
longitude : 3.19640