THE HUMP OF MINERAUX AT ECHASSIERES!
At Wolframines, discover the mineral universe through a fun, concrete and educational approach and get to know a sector with a unique basement!
The Echassières basement constitutes a veritable mineral “safe”. Nearly 80 different mineralizations have been identified there, making this site one of the very first French deposits. If kaolin and cassiterite (tin ore), still exploited, wolfram (tungsten ore) whose exploitation ceased in 1962, are the best known, others also make the fame of Echassières in the world of Sciences of Earth.
At the museum, audiovisual show, exhibition rooms, discovery workshops for young and old, excavations, puzzle game, allow active discovery of the mineral kingdom.
- Sunday May 28 // Georando – Les Mines de la Bosse // 2-5.30 p.m.
- From Wednesday 24 to Saturday 27 May // Nature Festival
- From Friday May 26 to Sunday May 28 // National Geology Days
- From July 5 to August 30 // The mysteries of the sand (initiation to panning) // Every Wednesday
Meet at 10 a.m. at Wolframines – Paying
Attention !! July 19 and August 2, 16 and 29: Introduction to panning in the morning and paleontological excavations in Menat in the afternoon (in partnership with the Paléovergne association) – Paying
- Thursday July 13 – Fridays July 21, 28 and August 18, 25 // Search for minerals in quarry // 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Number of places limited (from 12 years old) – Paying – Compulsory registration on 04 70 90 44 99
- Tuesdays July 18 and August 22 // Georandos by electric bike – Les Mines de la Bosse
Limited places – Reservations on 04 70 32 72 26
- Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September // European Heritage Days
- In April, May, June, September and October from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- In July and August from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Carrefour de la Bosse.
longitude : 2.96467